- How far is Eagle Crest Lodge from The Creeper Trail? We are three miles from where the creeper trail crosses Watagua Rd. where you can bike/walk/run on the creeper trail. A lot of people enjoy driving to Damascus, (about 15 minutes away) where you can rent bikes from a bike shop. They will shuttle you to the top of White Top Mountain and then cruise down the trail back to Damascus (about 17 miles with a 2% downhill incline).
- Is there an outdoor firepit? There is a firepit area down by the lake that can be used. Often a large pile of drift wood is already stacked ready for use.
- How far is Downtown Abingdon? Downtown Abindgdon is 7 miles away
- Does the lodge have a grill? Yes, there is a 2 foot by 4 foot commercial gas grill available for your use.
- Are linens included? Yes, bedding and towels are included.
- Is there internet available? Yes, wireless internet is available.
- Can we bring pets? So sorry, but no pets allowed.
- Is there a dock and boat ramp? Yes, there is a dock and a boat ramp. The dock is shared with the Gottfried Family when they are in town…but the renters have full usage of the dock area whether the Gottfrieds are there or not.
- Is there fishing? Yes, there are Walleye on our end of the lake, and the best fly fishing in the area is under the dam.
- Can we rent a boat? Yes, there are boats for rent at the Sportsman’s Marina.
- Are there other houses around this lodge? Yes, the lodge is built in a developement and is situated on a 9 acre parcel of lake front property.